Rooms and spaces
WCEC can be customised to suit your exact requirements, with a flexible floor plan that allows multiple configurations and seamless turnarounds. Iconic architecture, modern light filled spaces, and fully accessible with easy flow, the centre has been designed with the delegate experience in mind.
This innovative new facility will provide 10,000 square metres of multi-purpose conference and exhibition space over two floors, which can be tailored to single or multiple events. Whether you’re planning a multi-day conference, large exhibition, black tie gala dinner, or a series of business events, WCEC provides the perfect setting.
Video Credit - Studio Pacific Architecture
Disclaimer - Colour-ways and some minor details shown are subject to final decisions.
- Exhibition 1 features floor to ceiling windows and plenty of natural daylight, providing a carpeted and air conditioned exhibition space. Significant access to power and data is provided throughout via ceiling, wall and floor outlets. Direct drive on access from dockways via a large vehicle goods lift and two adjacent goods lifts. Floor loading to 7kpa per sqm. Controlled lighting and integrated rigging points.
- The adjacent Plenary 1 provides a further 700sqm of exhibition space providing a total 2550sqm for exhibitions. Plenary 1 also functions as a 750pax capacity plenary hall, with operable walls that divide the space into three full breakout rooms.
- Three additional meeting rooms on this level ensures plenty of breakout and meeting configuration options.
- With great views, natural light and a stunning outdoor balcony, Level 2 Gallery can be tailored to suit a range of events, including pre-dinner cocktails, exhibitions and catering stations. Several working hubs around the foyer provide reconnect opportunities for delegates for informal meetings, remote working access and recharging. Access to a dedicated conference organiser office and adjacent registration area allows for coordinated event welcome, registration and management.
- The large 2000sqm Plenary 2 provides purpose-built space designed to deliver large events with impact. From an 1,700 pax conference to a 1,400 pax gala dinner, operable walls and dedicated AV zones provide a flexible range of breakout, exhibition or plenary sizes, and seamless turnaround room delivery.
- With sweeping views of the city and waterfront, and access to an outdoor balcony, a large meeting room provides premium space for up to 145 pax, Meeting Room 2A can be configured for day meetings, breakouts, boardroom meetings, briefings or special events.
An exciting new attraction for locals and visitors alike, the ground floor exhibition gallery has been specifically designed to enable New Zealand to secure and host leading international touring exhibitions, along with providing the opportunity to stage home-grown exhibitions.
Located in the heart of Wellington's cultural precinct, opposite Te Papa Tongarewa and the vibrant waterfront, the ground floor gallery offers an exciting extension to Wellington's range of cultural attractions.
- Public concourse through the building links Cable Street and Wakefield Street providing multiple entry points and an improved connection between the waterfront and Courtenay Place
- Dedicated ticketing office, entry and retail store
- Central cafe and courtyard, along with a corner cafe completes the visitors experience
For prospective exhibitors, the gallery offers 1280sqm of serviced, secured, high ceiling exhibition space with drive in loading direct from dockway and loading dock.