Rooms and spaces
WCEC can be customised to suit your exact requirements, with a flexible floor plan that allows multiple configurations and seamless turnarounds. Iconic architecture, modern light filled spaces, and fully accessible with easy flow, the centre has been designed with the delegate experience in mind.
- Exhibition Hall One features floor to ceiling windows and plenty of natural daylight, providing a carpeted and air conditioned exhibition space. Significant access to power and data is provided throughout via ceiling, wall and floor outlets. Direct drive on access from dockways via a large vehicle goods lift and two adjacent goods lifts. Floor loading to 7kpa per sqm. Controlled lighting and integrated rigging points.
- The adjacent Plenary Hall One provides a further 700sqm of exhibition space providing a total 2500sqm for exhibitions. Plenary Hall One also functions as a 700pax capacity plenary hall, with operable walls that divide the space into three full breakout rooms.
The large 1600sqm Plenary Hall Two provides purpose-built space designed to deliver large events with impact. With a 1,400 pax conference and gala dinner capacity, operable walls and dedicated AV zones also provide a flexible range of breakout, exhibition or plenary spaces.
With sweeping views of the city and waterfront, and access to an outdoor balcony, a large meeting room provides premium space for up to 150 pax, Meeting Room 2A can be configured for day meetings, breakouts, boardroom meetings, briefings or special events.
An exciting new attraction for locals and visitors alike, the ground floor exhibition gallery has been specifically designed to enable New Zealand to secure and host leading international touring exhibitions, along with providing the opportunity to stage home-grown exhibitions.
Located in the heart of Wellington's cultural precinct, opposite Te Papa Tongarewa and the vibrant waterfront, the ground floor gallery offers an exciting extension to Wellington's range of cultural attractions.
- Public concourse through the building links Cable Street and Wakefield Street providing multiple entry points and an improved connection between the waterfront and Courtenay Place
- Dedicated ticketing office, entry and retail store
- Central cafe and courtyard, along with a corner cafe completes the visitors experience
For prospective exhibitors, the gallery offers 1280sqm of serviced, secured, high ceiling exhibition space with drive in loading direct from dockway and loading dock.